Several problems with Hellobox 8 NEW в прошивке 20200707

edzus1
T3
T3

Several problems with Hellobox 8 NEW в прошивке 20200707

Post by edzus1 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Several problems with Hellobox 8
The problem with TIMESHIFT and with the recording of programs (I checked with a timer, but there is a high probability that the same problems with a simple recording)
TIMESHIFT no encoded channels we are ok
TIMESHIFT with encoded channels, problems - the channel stands at 00:00:00 after clicking on play (should show with a time delay, but the encoded channel is frozen as when TIMESHIFT was started)
I checked Hellobox 8 NEW with the latest firmware from earlier firmwares, did not check
P.S.
A little info about the previous problem Clock accuracy in standby mode:
With firmware:
1.20200522 per day the clock is 4 hours behind (where the duration of 1 minute lasts about 70 seconds)
2.20200603 per day the hours are 4 minutes behind (where the duration of 1 minute lasts about 60.3 seconds)
3.20200630 Hellobox 8 NEW hangs in standby mode.
4.20200707 per day the clock rushes by 16 minutes (where the duration of 1 minute lasts about 59.3 seconds)
Time was counted when I went to work until I returned home (the absence was about 12 hours and at this time Hellobox 8 NEW was in standby mode).

edzus1
T3
T3

Re: Several problems with Hellobox 8 NEW в прошивке 20200707

Post by edzus1 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:16 pm

I decided to check the timer entry that is mentioned in the forum.
For the experiment I made 3 timer recordings from different channels (bit rates are different)
Skin from the PVRS folder on a computer with 3 timer entries.
Record # 1 (coded HD quality channel).
At night I programmed the recording for 4 hours. I checked it in the morning, and the recording lasted only 02:34:37 ​​= instead of the programmed 04:00:00
File check showed that the recording created TS format 2 video files
Night recording skin # 1 from MediaInfo utility
Record # 2 (uncoded SD quality channel).
In the afternoon I decided to recheck by programming it for 6 hours on a timer, at the same time I checked the recording process from time to time by scrolling through the time (pressing the record button to show the recording process)
First 2 hours = normal recording, but then there is a sharp jump in forward recording time:
When checking the records after 2 hours and 20 minutes, the time is normal.
And when checked in time for 2 hours and 38 minutes, it showed that the recording has been going on for more than 5 hours and 10 minutes immediately took a photo (it turned out a photo - a little shaking)
Stopped recording
I checked the PVRS folder, it added 2 TS video file formats
Skin of daytime recording # 2 from MediaInfo utility
Record # 3 (uncoded SD quality channel).
I continued the timer check and set 1 hour and 50 minutes.
This check is OK = normal entry at 01:49:29
I checked the PVRS folder and added 1 TS of the video file format less than 4 GB.
Skin of recording No. 3 from the MediaInfo utility
Summing up the results of the experiment
As you can see, if the record is more than 4 GB, then a new record file is created to extend the record. When viewing a file with the MediaInfo utility, if the record is more than 4 GB, then the first file shows incomplete information about the file, and the second (the record ends with Hellobox 8) shows the full information about the file. Also full info if the file is shorter than 4 GB.
Regarding recordings # 1 and # 2, it can be seen that the shortening of the recording duration occurs when the second TS file is created (recording extension after the first 4 GB)

P.S.
The question to the programmers is why, when writing to a disk formatted in NTFS format, the record is truncated by 4 GB (as with a formatted disk in FAT32 format where the file length is up to 4 GB)? If the formatted disk is in NTFS format, the length of the files is not limited in length (the video file can be 6 GB ... 10 GB ... 30 GB ... 80 GB ....)

Suggestions for solving these errors:
1. Hellobox 8 could recognize in what format the connected HDD or Flash is formatted, it is in NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT format.
2. If the disk is in NTFS format and the recording is more than 4 GB = recording should continue in one video file and without any division into several files in size by 4 GB + .. GB.

fenddick

Post by fenddick » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:50 am

edzus1 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:16 pm
For the experiment I made 3 timer recordings from different channels (bit rates are different)
At night I programmed the recording for 4 hours. I checked it in the morning, and the recording lasted only 02:34:37 ​​= instead of the programmed 04:00:00
In the afternoon I decided to recheck by programming it for 6 hours on a timer, at the same time I checked the recording process from time to time by scrolling through the time (pressing the record button to show the recording process)
First 2 hours = normal recording, but then there is a sharp jump in forward recording time:
And when checked in time for 2 hours and 38 minutes, it showed that the recording has been going on for more than 5 hours and 10 minutes immediately took a photo (it turned out a photo - a little shaking)
Stopped recording
I checked the PVRS folder and added 1 TS of the video file format less than 4 GB.
As you can see, if the record is more than 4 GB, then a new record file is created to extend the record. When viewing a file with the MediaInfo utility, if the record is more than 4 GB, then the first file shows incomplete information about the file, and the second (the record ends with Hellobox 8) shows the full information about the file. Also full info if the file is shorter than 4 GB.
Regarding recordings # 1 and # 2, it can be seen that the shortening of the recording duration occurs when the second TS file is created (recording extension after the first 4 GB)

P.S.
The question to the programmers is why, when writing to a disk formatted in NTFS format, the record is truncated by 4 GB (as with a formatted disk in FAT32 format where the file length is up to 4 GB)? If the formatted disk is in NTFS format, the length of the files is not limited in length (the video file can be 6 GB ... 10 GB ... 30 GB ... 80 GB ....)

1. Hellobox 8 could recognize in what format the connected HDD or Flash is formatted, it is in NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT format.
2. If the disk is in NTFS format and the recording is more than 4 GB = recording should continue in one video file and without any division into several files in size by 4 GB + .. GB.
Thank you for testing,we'll fix this issue.

vcvix.hdtv
T0
T0

Post by vcvix.hdtv » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:01 am

That's annoying problem!
I'm experience this issue here.

vcvix.hdtv
T0
T0

Post by vcvix.hdtv » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:15 am

fenddick wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:50 am
edzus1 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:16 pm
Stopped recording

P.S.

Thank you for testing,we'll fix this issue.
Until today, no fix was provided.

Cluster.One
T3
T3

Post by Cluster.One » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:10 am

vcvix.hdtv wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:15 am
More than a year has passed and nothing has been done about this problem and others!

vcvix.hdtv
T0
T0

Post by vcvix.hdtv » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:48 pm

Cluster.One wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:10 am
vcvix.hdtv wrote:
More than a year has passed and nothing has been done about this problem and others!
Yeah man, that's the worst problem in my opinion.

edzus1
T3
T3

Post by edzus1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:14 pm

vcvix.hdtv wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:48 pm
Cluster.One wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:10 am
vcvix.hdtv wrote:
Yeah man, that's the worst problem in my opinion.
Here is a list of the problems associated with Hellobox 8.
http://www.freedvb.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=19128