Hellobox 8 PVR Recording

jeyenchen
T0
T0

Hellobox 8 PVR Recording

Post by jeyenchen » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi, I'm new here and I have some questions to ask. Currently I have bought a Hellobox 8 and I have it currently setup with a Dish and Terresterial Antenna. I tried to record and it seems that it never gets past 4GB of size, which let me think that it has a FAT32 filesystem limit but I have a NTFS USB drive plugged in which makes 0 sense. Is there any way currently to bypass this limit? As I'm trying to record a show soon but if it only splits the file, which means there will be missed parts, if there isn't, I might have to file a refund for this as it's just useless for me..

And for anyone asking, yes I have found threads on this forum that mentioned about this problem. But I see no real solutions other than waiting for a firmware update, which plain doesn't help a lot. Is there any other way to bypass? Or is there any other recommendation for other receivers? As I need something that can let me record without FAT32 limitation.

Drako
T1
T1

Re: Hellobox 8 PVR Recording

Post by Drako » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Hi, short answer no, long answer I have tried several boxes of several brands and all have that limitation, only PC DVB-S2 cards and a good software can record straight, the boxes split the recording in 4GB files, but also now the current Hellobox 8 firmware have the "suddently stop" recording problem, for about 2 hrs.

Right now Dec. 2020 several boxes have that problem, I have a Hellobox V5 with old firmware that can record as programmed, also I have a new V5 but it does not accept the old firmware.

So We all are waiting for the solution.