Lost signal to Hellobox v5plus ( SOLVED WITH WORK AROUND !)

iggy57
T1
T1

Lost signal to Hellobox v5plus ( SOLVED WITH WORK AROUND !)

Post by iggy57 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi

Just wondering of anyone else has had this problem and if there is a fix for it .

I have lost all signals from my dish to my box . I have another receiver that I hook up to the same line so I know it is not a dish /LNB problem . It is def the Hellobox . It is not showing any Quality or signal strength . Dont think there is any power going to the LNB by the looks of the installation screen !

Thinking of doing a factory reset and then loading firmware again to see if it corrects the problem but would like some input from others if they have any before doing this .

Thanks
Last edited by iggy57 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Randyfreedvb
T2
T2

Re: Lost signal to Hellobox v5plus

Post by Randyfreedvb » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:04 am

Before you try that turn your box on and remove the cable at the lnb at the dish. Using aDC voltmeter measure the voltage negative test lead at the outer part of cable positive test lead connected to the inner conductor of the cable. You should get a reading of either 12 to 18 volts DC. If not then your receiver is not ok.

iggy57
T1
T1

Post by iggy57 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Thanks for the feed back Randy.

Checked for voltage and only getting 2.3 volts and no change when changing channels .

Not good !!

Is there something I can look for on the mother board that I can change out ??

Thanks Again

Randyfreedvb
T2
T2

Post by Randyfreedvb » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Look for loose connection in the areas where the tuner is connected to the motherboard. With 2.5v coming out it's more likely there's something wrong with the electronics circuit. The latter case calling for a new receiver. No harm in trying for the visual inspection though. You may try to use another power supply rated 12vdc 1.5A to 2A output.

iggy57
T1
T1

Re: Lost signal to Hellobox v5plus (SOLVED WITH WORK AROUND )

Post by iggy57 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:57 pm

For anyone having the problem of losing all power to LNB from receiver and knowing it is the receiver. I am using another FTA unit I have to loop through to power the LNB . Working fine with this work around .

Thanks to all that have replied